I am proud to announce that Palm Trees and Bare Feet has received the Kreativ Blogger Award. My fellow animal lover and great blogger, Spencer Angeltvedt, was the one to nominate me, and I would once again like to say, THANK YOU SPENCER!
If you love animals and want to stay up-to-date on animal news, then I highly encourage you to check out Spencer’s blog. He’s always on top of what’s happening in the animal kingdom, and really does his part to spread the word about animal rights, and how important our furry friends are to this world. So please, check out his blog!
Now, as the rules of this award call for, I must list 7 interesting things about myself:
1) I moved to Spain at the age of 18, taught English for the first 2 years, took a break for about a year, and now am attending St. Louis University – Madrid campus – here in Spain. I am majoring in Communications and minoring in Philosophy.
2) There are many things I want to do with my life. Some include: start a wildlife sanctuary and pet adoption shelter; own a bed and breakfast, and eventually a hotel chain; and finally, while this may be a long shot, I want to work for National Geographic.
3) Still, at the age of 22, I am afraid of the dark. I have to sleep with a nightlight on, and I am always only half-asleep as I listen to all my surroundings, always thinking that a ghost, burglar, or the girl from The Ring is outside my bedroom door.
4) I believe in reincarnation and think it’s the most beautiful belief people have of what happens after we die. However, while I do have my beliefs of creation, life, and death, I do not follow any type of religion.
5) I like to have the TV on but not watch it. I think it’s a great mental exercise to just listen and try to imagine what is actually happening. I’ve come up with a few good story ideas by just hearing dialogue and picturing what was going on.
6) I love garage/estate/and yard saling. That ¡s one thing that I look forward to when I go to the States in the summer, and lucky for me, my Spanish boyfriend has become addicted to it as well. They don’t have those kinds of things here in Spain and when I took him to his very first garage sale in Michigan, he fell in love with it and now we go everyday when we’re in the States.
7) My mother gave me a journal when I was 10 years old. Since then, I have collected and written in journals my entire life. I treasure them and they are the some of my most valuable possessions.
Now, I must nominate 7 of my favorite blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award:
1) Limebird Writers - I look to this blog for inspiration, writing tips, and for good conversation.
2) Cereal with a Fork - This blog makes me laugh. I love reading their witty, quirky comic strips.
3) 50 Year Project - TBM is a wonderful blogger and I look forward to her Travel Photos of the Day and recently her London Pub reviews!
4) The Hob-bee Hive - I have just recently started following this blog and have found her recipes, book reviews, and creative posts very fun to read.
5) Michigan in Pictures - I absolutely love this blog. It honors my home-state of Michigan and the pictures and posts remind me of how much I actually miss the Great Lakes state.
6) A Creative Place to Be - I love Sue’s daily drawings and designs. She is a true artist and it’s great to look at her work.
7) All Write - Harper is an amazing story teller and extremely funny. I just love reading his posts, especially the ones about his cocker spaniel, Sweet Face!
So, once again, I would like to thank Spencer for the award, and to encourage you all to check out the blogs I nominated. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed!
Happy Wednesday All!