Well, summer is officially ending. It has been raining for the past few nights here in Michigan. It’s becoming darker earlier and lighter later, plus, the temperatures have dropped dramatically and I am NO fan of the cold.
However, there are a few things I like to do when it’s too cold to be outside yet not too cold to turn on the heat. Here is a list of 5 things to do indoors on a chilly September day.
- Drink a hot cup of tea/coffee or hot chocolate while curled up on the couch reading a book. I’m a tea fan so I love a cup of hot caffeinated tea in the morning/day and a cup of hot decaffeinated tea at night. Currently, I am reading “Unlikely Friendships” (see my book review below).
- Clean. Nothing beats cleaning on a cold day. It works up a sweat (especially if you’re lugging a vacuum cleaner up and down stairs) and you feel accomplished after. I’m a freak and get my kicks out of cleaning. If I’m stressed, I clean. If I’m depressed, I clean. If I have way too much energy, I clean.
- Do Arts and Crafts. I love creating and making original art work so this is perfect for me. Make anything you want or feel the need to! If you need ideas, see my very first post “Create, Reuse, Reduce” and I’m currently working on something right now, so once that is done, I will post that also.
- Watch a movie or TV show. I’m OBSESSED with many different TV shows ranging from “The Big Bang Theory”, “The Office”, “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” and even some ended ones like “Friends” and “Scrubs”. I love nothing more than watching my favorite shows, especially on a day when I don’t/can’t go outside.
- Make a pie. I love nothing better than smelling and eating a fresh baked pie. Enough said.